THE BENEFITS OF STUDYING SECONDARY FRENCH
Studying our Secondary French Homeschooling course (English National Curriculum Key Stage 3) is an ideal preparation for IGCSE French studies.
Communicating in French will help your child get to know the French people and the French culture. Learning another language, such as French, will open your child’s mind to new ideas and new ways of looking at the world.
THE SYLLABUS AND HOURS OF STUDY
- Our Secondary French homeschooling course assumes no prior knowledge and starts from the basics.
- The course follows the English National Curriculum for Key Stage 3 French.
- Allow for up to 3 hours per week of’ study time for your child to complete each year of Secondary French plus additional time for completing assignments.
- We find that most children can complete the course in 9 months.
- We offer Study Skills Sessions for those students who need some extra help managing their studies.
KEY TOPICS COVERED
Key elements include grammar, vocabulary and linguistic competence in reading, writing and speaking covering among other topics:
- About myself and my activities; food and its purchase
- Other people and relationships; flora and fauna
- My school, my pastimes and going on holiday
- Where I live; Paris; the world
- History; e.g. the French Revolution
- The media