The Benefits Of Studying Primary Computing
Our Primary Computing homeschooling course covers the requirements of the Key Stage 2 English National Curriculum over the course of 4 years. Children who have no prior experience in the subject will need to begin at Year 3, whatever their age.
Building on the principles of information and computation, your child will be equipped to use information technology to create programs, systems and a range of content. Computing ensures that children become digitally literate. They will be able to use, and express themselves and develop their ideas through, information and communication technology. They will be able to do so at a level suitable for the future workplace and as active participants in a digital world.
Please note: this course currently requires Windows in order to access all of the lessons. Apple Macintosh users can purchase a program to run Windows applications at an additional cost. Mac users will need to install this additional software in order to access all areas of the course.
THE SYLLABUS AND HOURS OF STUDY
- Allow for up to 1 hour of study time per week for your child to complete each year of Primary Computing plus additional time for completing assignments.
- Your child should be able to complete the course in 9 months.
- We offer Study Skills Sessions for those students who need some extra help managing their studies.
KEY TOPICS COVERED
The national curriculum for computing aims to ensure that all pupils can:
- Understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, logic, algorithms and data representation.
- Analyse problems in computational terms, and have repeated practical experience of writing computer programs in order to solve such problems.
- Apply information technology, including new or unfamiliar technologies, and become, competent, confident and creative users.