THE BENEFITS OF STUDYING CAMBRIDGE IGCSE MATHS
Our Cambridge IGCSE Maths homeschooling course will provide your child with a strong grounding in the subject and fully prepare them for the IGCSE exam. They may take it at Extended level (up to grade A* or 9), or at Core level (up to grade C or 4).
Grade C or 4 is required by most universities and employers. Grade A or A* (or 7 – 9) provides evidence that your child has the skills for further study in Maths and the Sciences.
PRIOR REQUIREMENTS/HOURS OF STUDY
- Our course assumes a knowledge and understanding of Maths up to Year 9 of the English National Curriculum or an equivalent National Curriculum framework.
- The course takes about 180 hours to complete. It may be more or less depending on your child’s learning ability.
THE SYLLABUS AND THE EXAM
Our Extended and Core courses meet the requirements of Cambridge IGCSE Maths syllabus 0580. The Extended syllabus is broader and covers more topics than the Core. Assessment includes two written papers:
• Paper 2: 1 hour and 30 mins (35% of the total marks)
• Paper 4: 2 hours and 30 mins (65% of the total marks)
• Paper 1: 1 hour (35% of the total marks)
• Paper 3: 2 hours (65% of the total marks)