THE BENEFITS OF STUDYING CAMBRIDGE IGCSE ECONOMICS
Our Cambridge IGCSE Economics homeschooling course will enable your child to better understand the world around them – from discussions in the news, to how large corporations work, to why you have to pay so much money for gold or for diamonds. It will also give them a set of critical thinking tools to approach any problem they encounter. They will learn to analyse data, to understand patterns, to read and create concise and useful graphs. Studying Economics can also open interesting career paths – from working in business, to helping NGOs find sustainable development solutions.
KEY TOPICS COVERED IN THE COURSE
- Allocation of resources
- How the market works
- The individual as producer, consumer and borrower
- The private firm as producer and employer
- Role of government in the economy
- Economic indicators
- Trends in developed and developing economies
PRIOR REQUIREMENTS/HOURS OF STUDY
- Our Cambridge IGCSE Economics homeschooling course starts from first principles and assumes no prior knowledge.
- Your child should allow for up to 150 hours’ study time to complete the course plus additional time for completing assignments. 150 hours is an approximate figure which depends on their learning abilities and the pace at which they work.
- We offer Study Skills Sessions for those students who need some extra help managing their studies.
THE SYLLABUS AND THE EXAM
The course will prepare your child for Cambridge (CAIE) Economics, syllabus 0455 or 0987;
• The exam comprises two written papers:
Paper 1: Multiple choice: 45 minutes, (30% of the total marks)
Paper 2: Structured questions: 2 hours and 15 minutes, (70%)
• There are Cambridge exam centres in over 150 countries. We can provide details of those most convenient.