THE BENEFITS OF STUDYING CAMBRIDGE IGCSE BIOLOGY
Our Cambridge IGCSE Biology course explores the way biology affects everyday life. It will enable you to evaluate the scientific material that you see on the Internet, in newspapers and magazines, and on television.
How does the heart pump blood around the body? How do organisms develop, grow and reproduce? Investigate the answers to these and other fascinating questions in a course which focuses on life itself!
KEY TOPICS COVERED IN THE COURSE
- Characteristics of living organisms
- Movement in and out of cells
- Plant and human nutrition
- Diseases and Immunity
- Respiration, Sense Organs, Reproduction
- Organisms and their environment
- Biotechnology and genetic engineering
- Human influences on ecosystems
PRIOR REQUIREMENTS/HOURS OF STUDY
- Our Cambridge IGCSE Biology course assumes that learners will have studied Science for 2 or 3 years.
- You should allow approximately 150 hours’ study time to complete it.
THE SYLLABUS AND EXAM
The course will prepare your child for the following three papers of the Cambridge CAIE IGCSE Biology syllabi 0610 or 0970.
Paper 2: Multiple choice paper: 45 minutes (30% of total available marks)
Paper 4: Extended theory paper: 1 hour and 15 minutes (50%)
Paper 6: Alternative to Practical paper which will test your familiarity with practical procedures which you will learn during the course: 1 hour (20%)