THE BENEFITS OF STUDYING CAMBRIDGE IGCSE PHYSICS
How does gravity work? In our Cambridge IGCSE Physics homeschooling course your child will learn the answer to this and many other questions. They will explore the basic building blocks of the universe – energy and matter. They’ll be introduced to a range of interesting phenomena and discover surprising explanations for everyday things we see and take for granted. Our carefully designed home-based experiments will help to reinforce your child’s understanding of theoretical ideas as they are guided through the key areas of Physics.
KEY TOPICS COVERED IN THE COURSE
Cambridge IGCSE Physics will enable your child to develop a concern for accuracy and precision, objectivity, integrity, enquiry, initiative and inventiveness. Key topics in the course include:
- General physics
- Thermal physics
- Properties of waves, including light and sound
- Electricity and magnetism
- Atomic physics
PRIOR REQUIREMENTS/HOURS OF STUDY
- The Cambridge IGCSE course assumes that our young learners will have studied Science from the English National Curriculum (Years 7 – 9) or an equivalent national educational framework. However, we always welcome enquiries from mature students who may have alternative experiences.
- Your child should allow for up to 150 hours’ study time to complete their Cambridge IGCSE Physics homeschooling course plus additional time for completing assignments. This is an approximate figure which depends on their learning abilities and the pace at which they work.
- We offer Study Skills Sessions for those students who need some extra help managing their studies.
THE SYLLABUS AND THE EXAM
The course will prepare your child for the following three papers of the Cambridge (CAIE) IGCSE Physics, syllabus 0625 and 0972:
Paper 2: Multiple choice paper: 45 minutes, (30% of total mark)
Paper 4: Extended theory paper: 1 hour and 15 minutes, (50%)
Paper 6: Alternative to Practical paper which will test your child’s familiarity with practical procedures which they will learn during the course: 1 hour, (20%)
Curriculum is empty