About rainbow digital academy
The rainbow digital academy is an extension education platform created and run by rainbow academy kagarama offering Cambridge School curriculum and the Rwanda national system of education. The school has been dedicated to educating children using whole brain / thinking teaching tools since 2010. It became an accredited Cambridge School in 2018. The school boosts of phenomenal achievements to date.
The need to provide an online platform, is largely informed by the mission of giving families who might otherwise not have access to a solid, reliable curriculum (with bench-marking on a worldwide scale). This obviously wills benefits home-schoolers who insist on a quality curriculum, tutor support and guidance. Our tutors blended learning approach ensures the learner is supported individually and each subject has a dedicated teacher for specialist assistance.
Our qualified teachers guide and assist learners throughout their learning Journey. Dedicated tutors, regular assessments and communication ensure parents’ peace of mind.
How it works at rainbow digital academy
- We will provide an interactive learning/student-focused environment using an online blackboard or group discussion via a platform like skype, quiz questions, interactive components, concept videos, dynamic animations, true-life scenarios etc.
- We will monitor and evaluate the all curriculum in a blended environment (online, or on-site, on a regular basis).
- This will help the student to pace themselves by watching the videos, rewind and watch them again in their own time.
- For example: Teachers can crop the video, insert an audio message, record their voice over the entire video, prevent students from fast-forwarding, and embed different types of quiz questions throughout. Then teachers assign students to watch the videos with the appropriate questions or notes. As students watch them and answer questions, the teacher can see how far they watched, how many times they watched a section, and their answers to the questions. This quickly lets teachers know which students completed the flipped classroom lesson, which ones have shown mastery and can move on, and which ones need to spend more time on the concept. Although students enjoy using technology, a lot of students become even more engaged when they can create. Another educational tool, EDpuzzle, allows students to upload a video and show their own learning to share with their teacher or classmates.
- Other examples: Science – Extension work, peer teaching (stronger teach weaker), mixed ability groups, supplemented with digital science laboratories.
- Computer Science: Teach same material many different ways, graphics/diagrams and altered questions. All the students are also engaged through different challenges. Peer teaching is encouraged in order to facilitate differentiation and learning.
- Mathematics: Each learner is working on something – different levels of mathematics at one time. Sitting with the learners and helping them individually with their problems.
- English: Working with students’ own level of writing ability, incorporating interests, varied tasks.
- In all our academic programs, the students are encouraged to become independent, critical thinkers and problem solvers.
- Our Thinking Skills program is central in our approach to academics.
Prior Knowledge / Warm-up Practice
- These exercises (questions & answers) will establish a student’s prior knowledge of the lesson/topic before starting a new topic.
- Some of these questions will be time trial-based questions.
- This is a great way to establish the student’s current level of knowledge.
- This will prepare the student and create confidence to start with a new topic.
- Our technical team will direct subject specific questions and queries to the teacher involved.
- We will require the teachers to be available online for live questioning at certain periods of the week/day.
- Students have regular weekly contact with their Advisor teacher with monthly one-on-one meetings to review goals and progress should the learner require/request it
Because of serving a global community, our teachers will not be able to answer immediately but will answer within 24 hours.
Worksheet / Activities
- We will provide and assist students in activities and worksheets (printable worksheets too) on the new topic.
- It is important that students get the opportunity to see where they went wrong through vigorous team and individual revision work.
- The students will also receive revision exercises.
- Our teachers will create their own content for their courses, incorporating both royalty-free material available online and licensed material where permission from the proprietor has been obtained.
The various syllabuses state the required number of hours for the syllabus, which is generally 130 hours per IGCSE subject and 180 hours per national subject, with 360 hours for a complete A level.
The platform is managed on a daily basis by the following designated staff
The Students Progress Manager
The Students Progress Manager is responsible for continuing students and ensures proper guidance on teaching methods and material is delivered, receives feedback from students and guardians.
The Students Administrator
The Students Administrator is incharge of handling new students in all aspects until full registration. Ensuring that the right content exists and renewals and students transfers are effected.